#3 Union Market

We <3 the <3 wall!

Union Market is a food hall, restaurant, market, and shopping area located in the NoMa neighborhood of DC, right next to Gallaudet University. I've been wanting to check it out for years because it hosts a lot of local trendy foods that I wanted to try. I also have a dear friend, Mahi, who lives nearby, so it was a perfect excuse for a friend date!

Me and Mahi!

We went at lunch time and did a walkthrough of options from cheese and charcuterie to arepas, smoothies to crepes, bao buns to Egyptian street food, and dosas to doughnuts. I ended up trying Indigo for an Indian veggie bowl of chickpeas, eggplant, and spicy pumpkin. My second course was a pain au chocolat from La Petite Lou Lou and latte from Peregrine Espresso, staffed by deaf and hard of hearing folks.


Veggie bowl from Indigo

I did a terrible job of taking photos because I was too busy eating and catching up with Mahi! We popped into the halal and Italian market shops as well as a trendy jewelry store. I'll definitely be back to sample more food stalls in the future!

Item 3 Completed 9/14/19
19/45 items complete = 42%

Comments

Popular Posts